Published on 06/07/18
New dining experiences are on the horizon for Stephen Perse schools next term.
Our students are encouraged to aim high, innovate and question both academically and in their personal lives - we mirror this ambition in our approach to school welfare and student wellbeing. It is within this context that we have formed a new catering and cleaning partnership with Chartwells Independent.
Chartwells have a wealth of experience in catering, having worked with UK independent schools for over 50 years. They are passionate about what they do and share our high standards and high ambitions for food, nutrition and cleanliness:
“We are enthusiastic about the value that can be provided by going beyond meal provision to support food education, pupil welfare and extracurricular initiatives. In line with your own ethos, we use our wealth of experience to push the boundaries of innovation, gaining new insight to create and maintain positive dining experiences for children.” Chartwells Independent
This new partnership will allow us to:
- Enhance and expand the catering function in line with our strategic vision, developing an outstanding and environmentally friendly service that understands the importance of mealtimes in student welfare
- Provide inspiring, quality, age-appropriate menus that appeal to our students
- Create stimulating, relevant, and flexible dining environments
- Ensure expert support on nutrition, special diets and the wider food education curriculum
- Support, train and motivate our existing catering team, who will remain very much part of each school community
- Guarantee an outstanding service for our students
Chartwells will use their unparalleled experience, and their innovative research into dining experiences in schools, to redevelop our eating spaces, plan new and exciting menus, and get to know our school community more widely in the coming months. We look forward to building a strong relationship with them and we just can’t wait to see what they come up with for our students.
Here's a taster of what they can do from our Festival of Learning on Friday 6 July, when they visited us to host exciting 'food stalls' for staff and students in the wonderful lunchtime sunshine!