Skip to content ↓

We are not a boarding school. Our overseas 6th Form students live locally with their own family, or with an education guardian.

Male student in breakout room smiles to camera

Parents of students in our 6th Form who are resident outside the UK must appoint an education guardian for their child in the UK.

An education guardian may be a family member, a family friend, a guardianship agency, a host family, or another responsible adult based in the UK.

Most overseas parents use a guardianship agency to act as education guardian. The responsibility for choosing an appropriate education guardian rests solely with the parents.

On acceptance of an offer of a place in our 6th Form, parents residing outside the UK must complete an education guardianship form, which provides us with full details of the appointed guardian and the responsibilities they are undertaking.

Further information

AEGIS is the authoritative association for inspecting and accrediting guardianship agencies in the UK.