Early Years Late Stay provides a safe and stimulating environment for the children after school.
Parents can be confident their child is being cared for and entertained with a wide range of self-initiated and adult-led activities.
- For children in Kindergarten and Reception
- Supervised by Mrs Beverley May and assisted by Mrs Armstrong and Miss Aislabie
- Runs from 3.15-6.00pm
- No need to book in advance, simply notify class teachers on the morning that Late Stay is required
- Takes place in the Kindergarten classroom
- Free of charge until 4.00pm (£1.50 per 15 minutes thereafter)
- 1:8 staff to pupil ratio
- Pick-up is from the internal Kindergarten door, via the school office
- Parents must sign their child out to ensure a safe and secure environment
- At least two members of staff, including a Senior Leadership Team are on-site at all times.
What we do
Reception children are escorted to the Kindergarten classroom at 3.15pm. They hang coats and bags in the Kindergarten cloakroom before choosing a carpet, tabletop or adult-led activity.
Tea at 4.30pm consists of a selection of sandwiches or other savoury snacks and fresh fruit, and is followed by outside play (weather permitting).
Children enjoy choosing games or activities such as construction, problem solving and “Small World” toys. Adult-led activities include decorating biscuits, printing, modelling or playing a game. We can also help with any homework!
Please see the noticeboard outside the Kindergarten door for any important information, planning and photos of the children enjoying chosen activities.
Late Stay follows the Foundation's policies, including:
- Non collection of a child
- Behaviour and code of conduct
- Safeguarding and Child Protection
Each child is registered on arrival and we hold records of all contact details, dietary requirements and allergies.
Miss Aislabie and Mrs Armstrong are paediatric first aid trained. Any injuries are recorded in the Early Years First Aid folder which must be signed by the child's parent or carer at collection.
For further information, please contact us at email@example.com or on: 01799 522348.