Sports Scholarships are worth 5% of fees and will be reviewed annually.
To apply, please download the scholarship application form from the website. Completed forms should be returned to the Admissions Registrar on firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date of applications.
- Candidates should apply for the Sports Scholarship, stating which sports they play, at what level and why they feel they should be considered for the Scholarship.
- Candidates will be shortlisted based on their application, which must include details of their sporting achievements. Testimonials from teachers/club coaches should also be provided at this stage.
- External coach references only. Candidates should be participating in sport outside the school setting regularly.
- The candidate should currently be fully committed to their club/school teams and have the ability and aspiration to compete at a representative level in at least one of our major sports - Cricket, Football, Hockey, Netball. Other sports will be considered on an individual basis.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate a talent and passion for their chosen sport and will be expected to be a role model to others, inspiring them through their own positive behaviour and determination to improve.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an assessment morning in January, whereupon they will undertake a number of activities to demonstrate their physical and technical sporting ability.
The successful candidates will be expected to be actively involved in the wider sporting life of the school and to commit fully to all training sessions and matches.
The Principal’s decision is final. We do not disclose marks, grades or rankings. Successful applicants are required to accept or decline scholarships by the deadline given when the offer is made. Having accepted a scholarship, applicants are required to withdraw from the application/scholarship process of all other schools and colleges. Applicants must also meet the academic requirements for entry.
If you cannot find the information you need on these pages, please do not hesitate to contact our Admissions Registrar.