All students will sit an entry assessment test which takes the form of a CAT4 (Cognitive Ability Test). After the test should they meet our entry requirements we will then invite them to attend a general interview.
An offer of a place at the sixth form will be conditional on meeting our entry requirements in the CAT4 test, achieving a satisfactory school reference and the required results at GCSE or equivalent. Our offers are tailored to the individual applicant but, as a guide, we would require a minimum of 50 points for the eight best (I)GCSE results. Points will be calculated from the 9 - 1 grading system or using the conversion table below. We require at least a grade 7 at GCSE in any subject that a student is intending to study in the Sixth Form where that subject is already being studied at GCSE. For Further Mathematics, we require at least a grade 8 at GCSE.
Offers are based on the subject choices declared on the application form. Should students later decide to alter the choice of subjects, this will be subject to availability and further aptitude tests may be necessary.
A* - 8.5 Points
A - 7 Points
B - 5.5 Points
C - 4 Points
D - 3 Points
E - 2 Points
- Application closing date – 3 November 2023
- CAT4 Entrance assessment tests - These will be taken remotely and will be sent out to students on 6 November 2023 to complete by 12 November 2023
- Interviews will take place remotely should students meet our entry threshold in the CAT4 test
- Sixth Form Scholarship testing day - 18 November 2023 (Academic Scholarship testing only)
- Offers made – 15 December 2023
- Acceptance of offers – 12 January 2024
- Non Academic Scholarship interviews will take place by arrangement in the days preceding the entrance testing.
- International applicants contact admissions for details of the admissions timeframe.
Submit an enquiry
To submit an enquiry for the Sixth Form please click the link below.
Submit an application
To submit an application please complete the application form here.
Have other questions?
See our Admissions FAQ for further information.